Saturday, May 23, 2020

Rainie Howard: You Are Enough



You Are Enough: Is It Love or Your Need for Validation?: Overcoming People Pleasing And Emotionally Unavailable Relationships



"Examines the connection between inner emotional struggle and negative relationships.  You Are Enough takes readers on an incredible journey of self-understanding to explore the root causes of negative emotions that are projecting themselves into their outside relationships."
                                             
                   (https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/you-are-enough-rainie-howard)


I was so excited to finally receive my bundle of books in the mail today!

Being an author myself, I love exploring new writers or writers that are new to me.  I can't even remember how I stumbled upon Mrs. Rainie Howard but I am so glad I did.  

Out of the three books I received, I started reading two while also reading a couple other books by other authors, only to realize I devoured You Are Enough in one sitting.  

Side bar:  Addicted to Pain, is probably the next one I'll complete.

'Cause yes ma'am and yes sir, You Are Enough is that good!

You Are Enough is so good, five stars good.  I will be referencing it in my other blog (Today's Lady Chaplain) and possibly in my upcoming book, The Reflection of Neediness.  You have to understand, there is no way to pretend I didn't read this phenomenal book when every part of what I'll say or do from now is due to how much I have processessed, relearned, and committed to while reading it.  

Usually I speed read because I read many many things at once.  However this time was different...very different. I found myself reading slowly. I read slow and steady in order to "taste" every word written.  I couldn't get enough. Therefore, I went back a couple of times to the previous chapters. "When the student is ready, the teacher appears."  My soul just opened up.

To everyone reading my review, I have to let you know, prior to kowing anything about Rainie Howard or her books, I prayed for every page of this book and probably the others too.  I asked God to speak to me NOW.  You know how it is when you just need a "word" from Heaven?  

Well, the words came.  It was as if Rainie Howard was speaking directly to me (directed by God of course).  Her details about her childhood were also for me.  The details were mine.  If I didn't know how the Universe operates, I would think "what a fantastic coincidence."  As with many spiritualists, I know there is no such thing as coincidence.  Everything is spiritually orchestrated down to the tiniest of details.  Hence, this book now in my house, sitting on my bed covered with notes in my handwriting.  No coincidence.

Spoiler alert!  

I don't often do this but in order to thoroughly give gratitude to the author and to paint a picture of how wonderful this read is, I must share a few passages as well as my responses to them:

viii -

Author - I can't remember ever feeling like I was good enough.

ME - No one ever told me I wasn't good enough, they didn't have to.  Their selfishness told me many times.  I felt I wasn't important enough to replace the objects of their attention and/or constant affections.  I never came first.

ix - 

Author - Those thoughts would influence me to work even harder to be "good" or even perfect and to make others happy.

ME- I told myself, "You have to be better.  You have to do everything right."

xi - 

You may feel like you're not strong enough, pretty enough, or smart enough, but you will learn that in our weaknesses, God is made strong.  God has given you everything you need to fulfill your destiny.  Never doubt what God is doing in you.  You must understand that you are enough.  

"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing."  - Psalm 23:1


What a masterpiece!  

To also include Psalm 23 is another one of those things spiritually orchestrated for me.  I teach on Psalm 23 often.  The chapter is near and dear to me.  I truly believe You Are Enough will be that for you.  It is a must read.

No matter where you are in your relationship with yourself, with others, a significant other, or with life there is something said in this book that will definitely give you one (if not several) of those "ah ha" moments and yes Mrs. Howard, this book is going to transform lives.  

Readers will (I know I will) definitely create new habits that will give peace and joy.  Inevitably, readers will become doers and build the strengtrh to completely let go of toxic relationships and the confidence and self-esteem to grow in healthy relationships.



No comments:

Post a Comment