Friday, October 26, 2018

My Book Review of -

Bubblegum 


Marriage


The CHronic




By:  Deborah Jeanine



Let me start with a little conversation with the beautiful author Ms. Deborah Jeanine.  Ms. Deborah why did you give me all of that bubble gum to leave me trying to blow bubbles?  
Oh my love, I found myself filling in my own unanswered questions with several of my made up scenario endings.  

Trust me readers, once you get a hold of this read right here, you will want to knock on Ms. Deborah's door with questions too.  It's like a person seemingly telling a great joke but they forget to deliver the punch line.

Now, here is the good part of having questions, we will definitely want to buy the next book hoping to get the answers and/or the "punch line". 

*****A change of heart...

Ladies and gentlemen, I had to rethink everything I initially said about "Bubblegum Marriage" because something very significant really hit me deep in my spirit.  I won't change any of what I previously said.  But, I admit, I do have a slight change of heart.

Here is why I have a slight change of heart...

For those of you who have embarked on the journey called, writing your memoir or autobiography, you know for certain that it is one of the most challenging experiences you will ever face.  There are so many highs and lows.  It's an emotional roller coaster sometimes from hell.  You come face to face with every aspect of who you were and are.  Many of those experiences bring up emotions some of us may not be ready to face.  This is why you hear stories of people spending years writing their life's story.

So, back to my spirit...

I will go out on a limb and say this is why "Bubble Gum Marriage" left me without the CHRONIC.  When I saw the words bubblegum and chronic in the title, I knew I'd get some syrupy sweetness.  That to me was a given.  However, I also thought I'd  get a bit of that 'shoooooownuff  chronic'! 

Nevertheless, guess what?  Regardless of whether I am right or wrong as to why I had to provide my own fillers, I enjoyed having this reading experience and believe me, so will you.


Drum Roll please....



I give Bubblegum Marriage the Chronic


No comments:

Post a Comment